The Heartland Quilt Network (HQN) is an organization for quilt guilds, quilt professionals, and quilt shops in the Heartland area, which includes Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Iowa, Oklahoma, and Arkansas.
Heartland Quilt Network (HQN) has over a hundred members across five Midwestern states. Member categories are:
- Guilds - quilting organizations that promote the art of quilting through meetings, workshops, and networking with one another
- Professionals - teachers that promote quilting through lectures and workshops. Also, long-arm quilters who provide services to others quilters
- Shops - businesses that sell products to quilters, provide classes and promote the art of quilting
HQN provides its members several ways to interact and share information:
- A handy roster of phone numbers, mailing addresses, e-mail and website addresses for the professionals and quilt shops members.
- A calendar of guild meeting locations, times and a contact for member guilds is published and updated constantly on our website.
- An annual meeting that showcases the offerings of our professionals, presents topics of practical benefit to all our members, and brings together enthusiasts from the quilting industry.
- Information packets of members' brochures are provided to member guilds
Officers and Directors 2021-2022
President - Mary Honas
Vice President - Jane Bromberg
Secretary - Karen Hill
Treasurer - Alison Saunders
Membership - Liz Granberg-Jerome
Past President - Reeze Hanson
Newsletter - Liz Granberg-Jerome
Webmaven - Julie Kiffin
Members at Large - Kelly Ashton, Sandi Cox, Deb Dukes, Martha Ethridge, Jean Hummel